Brass Metal Pen Stand / Holder - Tribal Dhokra Art - DBA16-1
World Famous Dhokra Art Brass Pen Stand. Can also be used for storing other items or just as a decorative item on its own.
Dhokra Art is a dying art and there are very few artisans who still possess the knowledge & skill of this art. Thankfully due to great demand in domestic and foreign markets because of its primitive simplicity, enchanting folk motifs and forceful form, it has resulted in improving life of these tribal people.
These are very heavy items.
As this product is individually and delicately handmade by craftsmen there may be slight variations in each product.
Approximate Dimensions (cm): 8 (H) x 9 (W) x 9 (D)
For Care & Cleaning instructions see Product care
Item Code DBA16-1
Steps involved in making Dhokra art
- Preparing a mould out of wet earth, or with Lac or with a combination of bee wax, Sal resin and dhuna.
- Required design is then hand created on the mould with bee-wax and Lac.
- It is then again covered with wet earth.
- It is bind with iron wire. Again a layer of earth is put on the mould.
- A hole is made in the mould. It is then heated. The heating process melts the wax or the Lac, and the
- Liquid brass is filled in the mould through the hole.
- The mould is then left to cool down.
- The artwork is then obtained by breaking the mud mould.
- After cleaning and buffing the product is supplied to the stores.
The motifs used are generally taken from the nature. Elephants, Turtles, etc are made at large in Dhokra craft. The images of various deities are also crafted by the artisans.